14 March 2023
Generali achieves its best-ever operating result with continued growth in premiums and net result. Extremely solid capital position.
- Gross written premiums of € 81.5 billion (+1.5%), with strong P&C growth (+9.8%), led by non-motor. Resilient Life net inflows of € 8.7 billion, entirely focused on unitlinked and protection, consistent with the Group strategy
- Record operating result at € 6.5 billion (+11.2%), mainly driven by Life, together with P&C growth. The Combined Ratio was 93.2% (+2.4 p.p.). New Business Margin was excellent at 5.35% (+0.86 p.p.)
- Net result grew to € 2,912 million (+2.3%) 2
- Extremely solid capital position, with the Solvency Ratio at 221% (227% FY2021)
- The proposed dividend per share of € 1.16 (+8.4%) confirms the Group’s focus on shareholder returns
Read the full Press release here