Generali achieves record operating result and confirms very strong capital position.
- Operating result reached € 5.2 billion (+0.3%), supported by the positive contributions of P&C, Asset Management and Holding and Other Business Segment
- Total gross written premiums reached € 70.7 billion (+0.5%), with resilient and profitable P&C premiums and high-quality Life net inflows at € 12.1 billion. Best-in-class Combined Ratio at 89.1% (-3.5 p.p.) and excellent Life New Business Margin at 3.94%
- Net profit was € 1,744 million (-34.7%), impacted by one-offs and impairments on investments mainly in the first half of the year. Excluding the expenses of the Extraordinary International Fund for Covid-19 and the liability management transaction, adjusted net profit2 amounted to € 2,076 million (-12.7%)
- Excellent capital position was confirmed with the Solvency Ratio at 224%, benefiting from record capital generation standing at € 4 billion
- Proposed dividend per share of € 1.47, split into two tranches of € 1.01 and € 0.46, respectively
Read the full PR here